Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
After completing this activity, you should be able to:
- Recognize that as long as the fetal growth falls along a curve that parallels normal growth curves, appropriate growth has occurred regardless of the gestational age and weight percentile that has been assigned to the fetus;
- Understand basic 2D controls and how they affect your image;
- Discuss color Doppler optimization techniques and potential pitfalls;
- Describe techniques for imaging the fetal heart in the first, second, and third trimester;
- Describe the ultrasound (US) features of intraligamental myomas (IMs) using Morphological Uterus Sonographic Assessment group standardized terminology;
- Discuss the ultrasound evaluation of the placenta, membranes, and cervix;
- Explain sonographic techniques in the evaluation of the female pelvis;
- Recognize the normal sonographic appearance of the uterus and ovaries with respect to the menstrual cycle in the non gravid female pelvis; and
- Recognize common adnexal and uterine pathology in the female pelvis.
Authors: Ambrosio, et al., Dubinsky, et al.
Faculty: Sara Durfee, MD, Harris Finberg, MD, Lauri Hochberg, MD, Mishella Perez, BS, RDMS, RDCS, Leslie Scoutt, MD, FAIUM, FACR, FSRU
Available Credit: 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
AIUM Member: $45
Your fee includes access to the content and CME credit.
Release Date: 11/10/2021
Expiration Date: 11/01/2022
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AIUM designates this other activity for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation
This activity can be used to meet part of relevant AIUM Training Guidelines and/or maintenance credits for accreditation purposes. Learn more about AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation here.
Additional Credit Information
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). The ARDMS accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™.
Documenting CME Credits
All participants who complete the mini course components will have access to a CME certificate. The AIUM will submit credits to the ARDMS for active AIUM membership accounts with a valid ARDMS ID number. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure credit accuracy and adherence to any audit requests.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education, all individuals in control of content must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 12 months. The AIUM implements a mechanism to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
Disclosures for this Activity
- Darcy Bellido de Luna, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Danielle Delanko, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Sara Durfee, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Harris Finberg, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Lauri Hochberg, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Ashley McDermott, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Mishella Perez, Speaker/Honorarium (Self): GE Healthcare
- Kelly Phillips, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Leslie Scoutt, Honorarium (Self): Philips HealthCare
- Haylea Weiss, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Stephanie Zboznovits, no relevant financial relationships to disclose