Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
New Approaches to Adnexal Mass Evaluation in North America: The Use of IOTA and O-RADS Systems
After participating in this course, you should be able to:
- Identify a new lexicon for ovarian/adnexal lesions;
- Describe the use of a new risk-stratification system for adnexal mass evaluation that incorporates a mathematical model or descriptors to reach the same management system; and
- Evaluate lesions using both approaches.
Faculty: Rochelle Andreotti, MD, FAIUM, FACR, FSRU, Misty Blanchette Porter, MD, FAIUM, Loretta M. Strachowski, MD, Dirk Timmerman, MD, PhD, FRCOG, FAIUM
Available Credit: 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
AIUM Member: $200
Your fee includes access to the content and CME credit.
Release Date: 11/30/2020
Expiration Date: 11/30/2023
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AIUM designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation
This activity can be used to meet part of relevant AIUM Training Guidelines and/or maintenance credits for accreditation purposes. Learn more about AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation here.
Additional Credit Information
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). The ARDMS accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™.
Documenting CME Credits
All participants who pass the post-test have access to a CME certificate. The AIUM will submit credits to the ARDMS for active AIUM membership accounts with a valid ARDMS ID number. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure credit accuracy and adherence to any audit requests.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education, all individuals in control of content must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 12 months. The AIUM implements a mechanism to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
Disclosures for this Activity
- Rochelle Andreotti, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Darcy Bellido de Luna, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Misty Blanchette Porter, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Jamie Parreco, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Loretta M. Strachowski, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Dirk Timmerman, no relevant financial relationships to disclose