Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
Optimizing Treatment of Patellar Tendon Injuries With Ultrasound Imaging
After watching this activity, jointly provided with the American Physical Therapy Association [APTA], you should be able to:
- Recognize the sonographic signature of healthy and injured patellar tendon (including the quadriceps tendon, at the proximal and distal insertions to the tibia, and the patella);
- Evaluate and measure patella tendon structure and affiliated muscles;
- Explain how ultrasound imaging can help in treatment planning and progression;
- Describe how ultrasound imaging can help with differential diagnosis in patients with patellar tendon injury; and
- Recognize how shear wave elastography is used in tendon injury.
Faculty: Karin Grävare Silbernagel, PT, ATC, PhD
Available Credit: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™/1 ARRT Category A credit(s). Upon completion of the learning activity, you will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the post-test with a score of at least 80% and claim your certificate.
AIUM Member: $0
Join the AIUM today for additional education and resources.
Your fee includes access to the content and the opportunity to submit the CME test.
As of August 1, 2020, you will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the post-test with a score of at least 80% and claim your certificate.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Release Date: 04/28/2021
Expiration Date: 04/28/2024
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) and the American Physical Therapy Association [APTA]. The AIUM is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AIUM designates this internet activity enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation
This activity can be used to meet part of relevant AIUM Training Guidelines and/or maintenance credits for accreditation purposes. Learn more about AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation here.
ARRT Category A Credit
The AIUM is a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). The AIUM is the owner and sponsor of this activity. This activity is approved by the AIUM for ARRT Category A credit. This CE activity may be available in multiple formats or from different CE sponsors. ARRT does not allow CE activities (e.g., Internet courses, home study programs, directed readings, live lectures) to be repeated for CE credit in the same CE biennium.
Additional Credit Information
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). The ARDMS accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™.
Documenting CME Credits
All participants who pass the post-test have access to a CME certificate. The AIUM will submit credits to the ARDMS for active AIUM membership accounts with a valid ARDMS ID number. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure credit accuracy and adherence to any audit requests.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education, all individuals in control of content must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 12 months. The AIUM implements a mechanism to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
Disclosures for this Activity
- Darcy Bellido de Luna, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Ashley McDermott, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Karin Grävare Silbernagel, no relevant financial relationships to disclose