Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
Transvaginal Two-Dimensional Ultrasound Evaluation as a Screening Tool for Levator ani Muscle Avulsion in Postpartum Women
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the agreement between two-dimensional transvaginal and transperineal tomographic ultrasound imaging on three-dimensional volume in diagnosing levator ani muscle avulsion of postpartum women, and
- Evaluate the reproducibility of two-dimensional transvaginal ultrasound measurements of the levator ani muscle thickness.
Authors: Wang Y and Wang HF
Available Credit: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™/1 ARRT Category A credit(s). Upon completion of the learning activity, you will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the post-test with a score of at least 80% and claim your certificate.
AIUM Member: $0
Join the AIUM today to access and earn for free.
Your fee includes access to the content and the opportunity to submit the CME test.
As of August 1, 2020, you will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the post-test with a score of at least 80% and claim your certificate.
Release Date: 1/1/2023
Expiration Date: 1/1/2026
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AIUM designates this journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation
This activity can be used to meet part of relevant AIUM Training Guidelines and/or maintenance credits for accreditation purposes. Learn more about AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation here.
ARRT Category A Credit
The AIUM is a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). The AIUM is the owner and sponsor of this activity. This activity is approved by the AIUM for ARRT Category A credit. This CE activity may be available in multiple formats or from different CE sponsors. ARRT does not allow CE activities (e.g., Internet courses, home study programs, directed readings, live lectures) to be repeated for CE credit in the same CE biennium.
Additional Credit Information
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). The ARDMS accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™.
Documenting CME Credits
All participants who pass the post-test have access to a CME certificate. The AIUM will submit credits to the ARDMS for active AIUM membership accounts with a valid ARDMS ID number. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure credit accuracy and adherence to any audit requests.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, all individuals in control of content must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 24 months. The AIUM implements a mechanism to identify and mitigate all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
Disclosures for this Activity
- Therese Cooper, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Kelly Phillips, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Haylea Weiss, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Erin Hoffman, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Charlotte Henningsen, no relevant financial relationships to disclose