Learning, Inspiring, Sharing
After watching this activity, you should be able to:
- Discuss the highlights of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) guidelines;
- List evidence for decisions made;
- Discuss terminology, diagnosis, etiology, and significance of fetal growth restriction (FGR);
- Describe Doppler principles and optimization techniques;
- Identify normal and abnormal Doppler waveforms of the umbilical artery, middle cerebral artery, and in venous circulation; and
- Define the application of Doppler in the management of severe growth restriction.
Faculty: Ahmet Baschat, MD; Greggory DeVore, MD; Leah M. Lamale-Smith, MD, FACOG; Juliana Gevaerd Martins, MD; Mishella Perez, BS, RDMS, RDCS, FAIUM, Lawrence Platt, MD, Lorraine Toner, MD
Available Credit: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™/1 ARRT Category A credit(s). Upon completion of the learning activity, you will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the post-test with a score of at least 80% and claim your certificate.
AIUM Member: $0
Your fee includes access to the content and the opportunity to submit the CME test.
As of August 1, 2020, you will have 1 attempt to successfully pass the post-test with a score of at least 80% and claim your certificate.
Release Date: 11/02/2022
Expiration Date: 11/02/2025
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AIUM designates this internet activity enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation
This activity can be used to meet part of relevant AIUM Training Guidelines and/or maintenance credits for accreditation purposes. Learn more about AIUM Ultrasound Practice Accreditation here.
ARRT Category A Credit
The AIUM is a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). The AIUM is the owner and sponsor of this activity. This activity is approved by the AIUM for ARRT Category A credit. This CE activity may be available in multiple formats or from different CE sponsors. ARRT does not allow CE activities (e.g., Internet courses, home study programs, directed readings, live lectures) to be repeated for CE credit in the same CE biennium.
Additional Credit Information
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). The ARDMS accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit(s)™.
Documenting CME Credits
All participants who pass the post-test have access to a CME certificate. The AIUM will submit credits to the ARDMS for active AIUM membership accounts with a valid ARDMS ID number. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure credit accuracy and adherence to any audit requests.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, all individuals in control of content must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 24 months. The AIUM implements a mechanism to identify and mitigate all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
Disclosures for this Activity
- Ahmet Baschat, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Greggory DeVore, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Leah M. Lamale-Smith, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Juliana Gevaerd Martins, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Ashley McDermott, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Mishella Perez, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Lawrence Platt, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- Lorraine Toner, no relevant financial relationships to disclose
Ahmet Baschat, MD (Panelist)
Greggory DeVore, MD (Panelist)
Leah Lamale-Smith, MD, FACOG (Presenter)
Dr. Leah Lamale-Smith is an Associate Professor at the University of California, San Diego. She completed a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at University of Colorado School of Medicine and a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Lamale-Smith earned her medical degree from University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. She is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and maternal-fetal medicine.
Juliana Gevaerd Martins, MD (Presenter)
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Maternal Fetal Medicine Assistant Professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School
Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship at Eastern Virginia Medical School
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at University of Miami
Medical School in Brazil